Space Harmony: Portal to the Sacred - A Sacred Dance Mini Festival!
Date: July 27, 2023- July 30, 2023
Location: Connecticut College, New London, CT & Jacob's Pillow, Lee MA
SAVE THE DATE!! Details are unfolding by the minute! This will be a 3 day “mini” Sacred Dance Guild Festival celebrating our 65th Anniversary year! Our intention is SIMPLE * SACRED * DANCE! As we emerge from the past three years in our personal, collective and global experience we do so with awareness of the fragility of our experience here on the equally fragile planet!
Our adventure will be begin on Thursday evening, July 27th, where we will connect and begin our creation together! On Friday July 28th, the awesome Marylee Hardenbergh who has created site specific dances the world over, will guide as in a creation focused process to discover the dance that will emerge in some of the amazing outdoor spaces at Connecticut College. We will then transport that dance on Saturday, July 29th, afternoon (along with each of us!) to perform in the equally amazing outdoor spaces at the magical Jacob’s Pillow – the place where the Sacred Dance Guild Festival experiences began in 1958 with Ted Shawn as Director! I am sure we will invoke the spirit of Ted and so many of the others who were there 65 years ago! We will ask EACH participant to bring someone along with them on the journey – to connect with those that have danced on over these 65 years?? Who will dance with you?
- This Festival is OPEN to a maximum of 65 dancers!
- Program for members $240.00; Non Members $300.00 (including Jacob’s Pillow excursion – transportation, picnic dinner, Pillow Talk and Dunham Legacy Project Performance)
- Room & Meals at Connecticut College: $255.00 (3 nights – all meals)
The intention is to keep the experience SIMPLE!
- Morning awakenings will be lead by Helena Froehlich bringing her incredible background in dance and the somatic arts to begin each day with intention and connecting mind, body and soul.
- Thursday and Friday evening will be gatherings exploring movement in sacred geometric patterns as we experience the different ways we can connect one to another invoking the sacred from the past, present and future.
- And of course – SHARING will happen.… a traditional SDG Festival Sharing experience – where participants can bring their offerings for others to witness – and times in between to share in small groups and the larger community!
WATCH FOR FURTHER DETAILS AND REGISTRATION COMING SOON!