54 Capitols, 54 Dancers
Date: November 10, 2019-
Location: Capitol Cities in the United States
Dear Sacred Dance Guild friends:
- I – Marylee Hardenbergh – am looking for performers to be part of a three minutes dance on the steps of each USA state capitol building on Sunday November 10th, 2019.
- Performers do NOT need to be dancers. The movements are very simple.
- The vision for this event is to have 50+ solo women dancing tougher simultaneously on the steps of each stae capitol building and the 4 US territory capital buildings.
- Time is TDB
- The intention is for 50+ dancers to stand together, not FOR or AGAINST, just to stand beside, stand alongside – to send out ripples of goodness from the symbolic power centers of each location. The dancers will also be live streamed on video, creating a web that joins them together across space.
- Organization of this event is happening in a very grassroots way. We are working to identify performers at the different locations. We would love you to consider being a performer and helping to bring this vision to life.
- EACH performer will be asked to organize 2-4 additional support people to assist with the following:
- 1 person to be on a group phone call to coordinate timing and possibly music
- 1 person to live stream the performance through their phone or ipad
- Optional additional 1-2 people to hold the space and answer questions from passerby’s
- Planning calls in October/November – performers will be asked to participant in 1-2 planning calls. During these calls we will walk through the sequence and details of the event and answer any questions.
- Performance – the performance will be short – 1-3 minutes – clothing will be simple. The details of the movements are still being defined but will likely be a combination of stillness and stationary movement.
- Future Film – the goal is to create a short film about this event that will include excerpts of the different live stream videos.
- If you are interested – please contact me with your name, your preferred phone number and email address and any questions you have.
Marylee Hardenbergh – 613-616-0306 – firstname.lastname@example.org