The Sacred Dance Guild has many members who work professionally in the field of Dance as a Sacred Art. These members are available as presenters/facilitators for workshops/events sponsored by SDG local groups (as part of Traveling Workshops) or by external groups requiring a sacred dance/music facilitator for events, retreats etc. (SDG Presenter).
For members wishing to be included on the SDG Presenters/Traveling Workshop Leaders list - click here to apply.
The Sacred Dance Guild has members available as presenters/facilitators/teachers for retreats, community events, dance and/or music offerings/performances, etc. These members are those working professionally in the field of dance/music as sacred arts and have been approved by the Sacred Dance Guild's Program Directors. SDG's "finder's fee" is 10% of the Facilitator's received payment. Click here for the current listing of facilitators.
If you are interested in any of our SDG Presenters for an event, contact our Program Co-Directors at Prog@sacreddanceguild.org.
SDG offers "Traveling Workshops" for members to bring The Sacred Dance Guild's teachers and workshops to their local community. These workshops, covering many aspects and styles of Sacred Dance, not only provide Sacred Dancers of all experience levels additional education and networking "closer to home" but are a way to help support SDG as a fundraiser and to help spread Sacred Dance far and wide... . Click here for the current listing of facilitators.
The Traveling Workshop Format has one or two SDG approved Sacred Dance Facilitators who provide a weekend workshop designed with the local area involved Coordinator(s):
- Friday Evening - Opening and evening workshop (optional)
- Saturday- Morning and afternoon workshop
- Saturday- Possible evening concert open to the public (optional)
- Sunday - Possible involvement in local church or other community type event. (optional)
To see an example of a SDG Traveling workshop click here. This flyer is of our pilot Traveling Workshop program held May 14 & 15, 2010 in Ottawa, Ontario, Canada. To see an example of a Traveling Workshop for a rural community click here.
The Traveling Workshop Facilitators are Sacred Dance Guild Members and teachers that have applied and been approved by SDG's Program Director's and President. Each Coordinator(s) Presenter's fee, travel, room and board will be negotiated with the local Coordinator(s). The standard fee is $625 for two -three workshop sessions.
The SDG Volunteer Local Coordinator(s) are responsible for:
- Consulting with SDG's Program CoDirectors about insurance, release forms, w9 forms, sample budgets, appropriate Facilitators from SDG's roster and more.
- Finding SDG Facilitators and designing the program.
- Determining the budget to include an appropriate fee structure for facilitators, participants and other expenses such as facility and promotional costs.
- Working on finding appropriate venue, local media contacts, flyer production and promotion such as local postering and e-mailing, and local registration.
If you are interested in bringing a Traveling Workshop to your local area, contact our Program Co-Directors at Prog@sacreddanceguild.org.