JUNE 15-17, 2018
The Sacred Dance Guild turned 60 on February 10, 2018 – making this year our Diamond Jubilee! Our journey has been one of continual shift, change and exploration. Dance as an expression of the sacred has been a part of the human story since before recorded time and will continue into infinity. The Sacred Dance Guild has been a constant advocate for expressing our deepest thoughts, feelings and ideas through movement and dance. We, as people on the planet, continue to dig deeply through the stages of our evolution physically, culturally, emotionally and spiritually! We open our minds, our bodies and our souls to this adventure – we are one people on one planet in the one dance of life! We bow to the past, dance in the present and leap high into the future!
Join us for a weekend celebrating our past, present and future – June 15 – 17, 2018!
We are inviting SIXTY people to an intimate celebration at Connecticut College in New London, Connecticut – the home of the 2005, 2008 (50th Anniversary) and 2010 weeklong Festivals as well as a number of “mini” Festivals. It is an historic dance venue and we are thrilled to have this space for our 60th anniversary time together. Our space for the weekend is limited to the first SIXTY members who register. Are you one of them??
Members of the SDG Board of Directors (present and past) and long time members (perhaps future Board members!) will facilitate all sessions as their gift to the Sacred Dance Guild allowing us to provide this weekend at minimal cost to participants. All of our facilitators have presented at previous Festivals and at other sacred dance events. Our weekend will include:
- Friday night – Exploring our journey through a group moving mandala (with Wendy Morrell – current President of the Sacred Dance Guild.
- Pre Breakfast – Wake up movement (with Helena Froehlich)
- Morning and Afternoon – Diverse dance workshops (with Elaine Sisler, Mary Kamp, Marcia Miller, Helena Froehlich, Diane Merpaw and others!)
- Sharing – An SDG tradition! All are invited to “share” – movement works in progress, finished works, vocal or other artistic expressions – anything you would like to “share” with others on the path – always a special time.
- Annual General Meeting! How amazing to be having our 60th AGM this weekend – a time to share stories of our past and present and dream into the future!
- Announcement – We have SIX new special Honorary Members who represent diverse areas of dancing the sacred around the world – we’ll be revealing these six people at during this significant weekend! Can you guess who they might be????
- Evening – Exploring Creation (with Marilyn Green and the Trinity Movement Choir)
- Pre breakfast wake up (with Helena Froehlich)
- Morning dance workshops (with Elaine Sisler, Mary Kamp, Helena Froehlich & Marcia Miller)
- Sunday afternoon – for those participants who are able to join in – we will be traveling to New Haven, Connecticut where we will offer dance/movement at the Celebration of Life for Karen Josephson. Karen was a past president of the Sacred Dance Guild and an amazing being on the planet. Karen died in November 2017 and her celebration will be filled with movement, laughter and joy as we remember and celebrate her with all that we are.
Cost for the weekend:
- $231.00 (adding up to 6 – with a few zeros – of course!) including all workshops, events, accommodation (single room) and meals
- $99.00 (ok – reaching here – 9s are upside down 6s – right!) – includes workshops & events – for those not staying on campus. Meals are available at cafeteria by cash at the door.
- $133.00 (for guests of members – those who need only accommodation and meals – 2 nights)
- $50.00 – There is an option to stay on for the extra night on Sunday with breakfast on Monday for $50.00 (in remembrance of our 50th anniversary!!)
Note: Prices are per person for a single room. There are rooms with two beds if you do want to share; however, room price is per bed not per room.
If you are not currently a member and wish to join us on this weekend – become a member HERE first and then click below to register! We’d love to have you!