Space Harmony: Portal to the Sacred
Date: September 22, 2017- September 24, 2017
Location: Ottawa, Ontario CANADA
This weekend workshop is sponsored by the Sacred Dance Guild in collaboration with the Dance Movement Therapists Association in Canada and with contributions from Social Presencing Theater (Ottawa facilitator – Catherine Gee).
This will be the culmination of 4 water focused activities in Ottawa beginning with the Global Water Dance on June 24th, continuing with Barefoot, Blessed and Beautiful workshop on July 15th, to Movement Meditations at the Ottawa River Rock Sculptures on August 5th and ending with this full weekend experience Space Harmony: Portal to the Sacred on September 22-24th.
Marylee Hardenbergh BC-DMT, CMA, LICSW, a choreographer, dance therapist and co-founder and artistic director of Global Water Dances, will facilitate this journey of discovery. For over 25 years, Marylee has created site-specific dance performances at places such as a wastewater treatment plant in Minnesota, the bombed-out Parliament Building in Sarajevo, Bosnia and the Volga River in Russia. She also created “One River Mississippi,” a dance performance simultaneously occurring at seven sites along the Mississippi River from the headwaters through St. Louis, Memphis and New Orleans. In 2011, she co-founded Global Water Dances, whose aim is to raise awareness about water issues and unite people around water preservation and appreciation by coordinating dances happening on the same day around the globe. To learn more about Marylee, please visit her Global Site Performance web site and the Global Water Dances web site. We also recommend this video about Global Water Dances.
The September weekend will include:
- a “Sacred Dance Appetizer” workshop on Friday evening (facilitated by SDG members, other collaborators and Marylee)
- a Saturday morning workshop exploring our body and space (facilitated by Marylee)
- a Saturday afternoon workshop creating a movement piece to be offered in a public space at the water in Ottawa on the Sunday afternoon (facilitated by Marylee)
- a Saturday evening Sacred Arts experience with moving mandalas, labyrinth walks, video exploration, etc. (open to the public)
- an offering at the Sunday morning worship service (optional for anyone who would like to participate)
- a Sunday afternoon Movement Choir offering at the water
Register for any part of the weekend or come to it all!!
For additional details and to register CLICK HERE
Contact Wendy Morrell 613-726-1375 or firstname.lastname@example.org.